This year we are pleased to announce that our Achievelax has partnered with the Founders Girls Lacrosse League to offer our Coaches Education Classes in preparation for the upcoming spring lacrosse season. Classes will be offered at a variety of convenient locations. Our class will be structured to include all grade levels: 30 minutes will be spent on covering basic techniques, skills, and strategies and 90 minutes broken down into discussion groups by grade level to touch on age-appropriate drills, practice plans and team concepts.
We will format the class to discuss topics of a program’s preference, but can include any of the following concepts:
- Individual skills: stickwork, shooting, dodging, 1v1 attack/defense
- Settled defense: double teams, sliding patterns, high vs. low pressure, zone defense vs. man-to-man
- Settled offense: balance and spacing, cutting and picks, set plays vs. motions, 8-meter shooting
- Goal Keeper training: hand-eye coordination, communication, presence out of the cage
- Practice planning
- Fitness training: strength work, conditioning, agility and footwork drills
- Introduction to the 2020 rule changes including free movement, self-start and cleared defensive zone
Each coach will be given access to a variety of skill and drill videos in addition to our Achievelax Drill Manual.
Classes will be offered on the following Wednesdays and Tuesday:
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020 @ Hopkinton, MA
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020 @ Wellesley, MA
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020 @ Andover, MA
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020 @ Centerville, Cape Cod, MA
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020 @ Natick, MA
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020 @ Medfield, MA
If you have any questions or are interested in attending, please contact Meredith Frank McGinnis at MeredithEFrank@gmail.com. IF you are a coach whose town is apart of the Founders League, please contact Paul Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org.